Best Looking/Nicest MacBook 13.3 sleeve

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mac000, Aug 27, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

ok i need some suggestions on a macbook sleeve/case.

I do not want to spend a lot of money, i use to have the "Incase" black w/ interior lime green sleeve for my iBook and it was pretty nice. But now i need something along those lines, any suggestions are welcome.

please provide some links/websites where to go to! thanks people.

current owners of macbook/macbook sleeves are preferred!

2. macrumors 6502a

mustard

I recommend the ACME MADE bags. I have a "Slim Cargo - gray flannel" for my MBP.

They offer the "Slim" & the "Slim Cargo" which is more bag like w/extra compartments. They are pricey if you opt for any of the designer fabrics but the black ballistic nylon isn't too unreasonable albeit a little higher than some other options, but it is overall a great bag & value.

Edit: OOPS they can be found at www.acmemade.com

3. macrumors 65816

they're very expensive, but very sleek.

4. macrumors regular

Why not just get another Incase? Those are great IMO.

5. macrumors Core

miles01110

Yeah I really like the Incases as well- not too flashy, and when it's zipped up you can't even see the lime green :)

Plus it prevents you from advertising that you have a notebook on you.

6. macrumors newbie

Try http://www.foofpod.com
    It's an Australian store, but shipping to Ireland was cheap. I have the red cord macbook pro sleeve and I'm very happy. There are some pretty wacky ones on the site, but all seem to be made from quality material.
    Regards

7. macrumors 6502

I love sleeves from WaterField Designs (www.sfbags.com). Their bags are highly customizable; the MacBook sleeve can run you anywhere from $39 (sleeve-only) to $109 (Sleeve+suspension strap+piggyback+flap=full lightweight case). They come highly recommended from many people online.

They definitely feel more durable than the InCases that I have seen in the Apple store.

8. macrumors newbie

9. macrumors 68000

I'm cm's from buying a Waterfield MacBook sleeve, but I'm wanting to know how padded it is. A lot of sleeves seem to flimsy to me. I'm going to be carrying my MB in an existing backpack that is usually loaded with books and papers, so I want something that is going to be affordable (which the Waterfield is only just) and durable. The config I was thinking of was everything aside from the strap (since I have more than enough straps lying around). Do you think the Waterfield will work?

Thanks!
    yt

10. macrumors newbie

My search for a laptop bag for my Macbook Pro 13" is endless! It's either I'm being picky or the ones I like are too expensive :T