Best mac magazine?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tutenstein, Nov 6, 2005.

1. tutenstein macrumors member

Hello,

I will be making the switch in dec, and want to learn more about macs.

What is the best Mac magazine out there?

I have an issue of Mac World and Mac Addict, and found both helpful, but was curious as to what the members here thought was the best/fav mag.

Thanks.

2. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I personally love Mac Addict and it is the onyl one i get right now but...i am looking into getting one other.

So, i suggest Mac Addict for sure.

3. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

I haven't read Macworld in a while, but I really enjoy MacAddict.

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I have a subscription to Macworld and used to have a subscription to Mac Addict (both free). I like both, but of the two, I'd pick Mac Addict. It just seems more friendly and helpful if that makes sense. Also, at least when I subscribed, Mac Addict came with a CD every month. Macworld comes with a CD at the newsstand (not in the mail), and the contents of the CD are also available online to subscribers, but still it's sort of nice to get a physical CD with the magazine.

5. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

I've never read an issue of Mac Addict. We got a subscription to MacWorld for free when my wife bought her iMac. I feel like MacWorld is aimed at folks who are less computer savvy than I am. That said, I find some of the digital imaging stuff helpful because I'm a total novice in that regard.

Does Mac Addict cater to a higher level of user?

6. EricBrian macrumors 6502a

EricBrian

7. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

MacWorld is just okay, I got a free subscription to it when I got my PowerBook, but I don't know if I would pay for it. MacAddict seems like a better deal to me.

8. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

9. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

Hi...
    I am a MacAddict and I subscribe to MacAddict!! :D

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

who needs magazines when you have MacRumors?

that being said, i found MacWorld overall to be more helpful and in depth than MacAddict

11. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I have spent time looking at various Mac magazines, but MacWorld and macHome are the two I prefer. mH is aimed more at the basic user and that is the best match for me.

12. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Does anyone miss MacUser....?

I enjoy MacAddict. I think that the general writing is good and it seems to have a sly sense of humor.

13. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I remember when MacUser was competing directly with MacWorld. I liked them both but referred to them as the twins since they had a similar look and feel. The opinion columns were interesting.

14. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I get MacAddict, MacWorld and MacHOME (letting subscription lapse). Quite frankly, with the Internet, all are quite dated by the time you receive them in terms of new products. That being said, I guess I'd give MacAddict the leg up.

15. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I used to subscribe to MacAddict and MacHome. MacAddict was my fave but I had to give it up. Every month when my issue would arrive I'd start drooling over all the cool stuff I couldn't afford. It was making it way harder to resist impulse buying. Now when I need some info I just hop on the internet. Like Rdowns said, whatever was printed in the mags I already read about on the internet.

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I subscribe to MacAddict and MacWorld. Having MacAddict coming w CD monthly is awesome.

17. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

I have a sub to Macworld. It's ok, but I can't stand the Apple fawning at times. They could stand to be a bit more critical of apple products.

I didn't know about MacAddict. Will try since I am...

YOJ

18. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I see mention of both MacWorld and MacAddict that ship w/ CDs... but all the sites I see that sell subs don't sell the CD version; probably because I look for cheaper subs. :eek: :confused: Can somebody point me in the right direction?

19. EricBrian macrumors 6502a

EricBrian

If you do subscribe to MacAddict, do it via the card that is in magazine in stead of online.

The card in the magazine offers a subscription for $24/year. On the website, it is $30/year.

20. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I think I wasn't very clear in my other post... I can find cheaper subs... but I can't find subscriptions that come with those CDs.... they always ship w/out (and no, it's not because the mail carrier steals them; the fine print for the subscriptions specifically state a non-CD rom sub).

21. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I subscribe to both MacAddict and MacWorld and like both very much. No favorites here! ;)

22. tutenstein thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all for the helpful replys. I feared I would be flamed for asking that question. I guess I'm a bit paranoid!!

I might end up getting both Mac World and Mac Addict.

I didn't know you got a free subscription to Mac World after you bought a mac computer. Cool.

Again, Thanks.

23. Project macrumors 68020

Get a subscription for a UK magazine. Theyre far better. iCreate, Mac Creative, MacUser >>>>>>>> Macworld US and MacAddict

24. dannnyh macrumors regular

Another thumbs up from a UK user for iCreate.