Best Mac Mini RAM?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Gary King, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Gary King macrumors 6502

Where can I find some cheap, or reasonably priced (preferabbly Canadian) Mac Mini RAM? Or cheap shipping to Canada?

What places/websites do you guys suggest?

Thanks! :)

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says..Gary, please...learn how to search. There are literally countless threads about where to buy RAM and who is a good vendor. A few of the threads even mention Canada and our good-standing member CanadaRAM (.com)....oh yeah!

3. Gary King thread starter macrumors 6502

CanadaRAM RAM is pretty expensive. I was looking at Crucial's, and they looked so-so to me. What do others think of Crucial's Mini RAM?

P.S.
    I did not find any other threads when searching for terms like 'mac mini ram canada' etc. :)

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Maybe that's cause he knows what he's doing and sells quality RAM? Just look at his forum posts. That would be enough to convice me to buy from his site!

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...Gary, when looking at RAM prices remember to factor in exchange rates, shipping costs, customs brokerage fees (especially if shipped via UPS - they will charge over $20 to clear a ground shipment through customs, plus whatever taxes are due) and the taxes (gst and provincial, although you will get hit with at least GST if you buy within Canada). Crucial is a reputable dealer - I have in fact bought from them in the past and been happy with my purchase. But if you do have a case of a bad chip it is a lot easier to deal with a Canadian company and not have to worry about being double taxed etc and getting a refund later etc (think of it kinda like buying insurance...). Other World, DataMem.com are other good sellers....oh yeah!