best monitor for graphic design?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gonnabuyamac, Feb 14, 2007.

1. gonnabuyamac macrumors 6502

i have a 15.4" MBP, which i love. but, i would like more screen real estate when working with indesign and photoshop - which i often have open at the same time.

what monitors do you recommend? i'm looking for something in the 20-24" range.

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

If you can stomach the price, an ACD would be your safest bet because they all use S-IPS panels, which are the most color accurate and generally preferred by graphics professionals. My Dell 2007wfp is also an S-IPS panel (same one as in the 20" ACD), and I love it and would recommend that model except there's a chance you might get a PVA panel (they don't build them all the same).

3. emw macrumors G4

emw

The ACDs are definitely nice, and are generally easy to color calibrate and use in a color-accurate environment. Depending on how important that is to you, you might also consider any number of less expensive options, included the Dells that mrogers mentioned.

If color is critical to you, you might also consider the Eizo brand, although they're even more expensive than the ACDs.

4. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

Check Out This Thread

Consider an Apple Cinema 23, an NEC (top end model), a LaCie or an Eizo. The Samsung 244 T is also a strong choice.

Read through this thread as it justifies, in a color management way, the cost of an ACD over a Dell.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=270922

Hope this assists you in your quest.

DJO

5. munckee macrumors 65816

I have a Dell at home and an ACD at work as a graphics professional. Either works fine for my needs. The ACD is a 23" compared to my 20" at home though, and now I'm envious of the work screen when I'm working at home.