Best Mouse??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ViToMiNs, Jan 29, 2007.

1. ViToMiNs macrumors newbie

Ok, so I finally am a Mac owner! I purchased a C2D BlackBook over the weekend, and now I am looking for extras that I can get to go along with it. The first thing I would like to know is which is the popular mouse to use with your MacBook, especially because computer is going to be used as my desktop too! I am kind of drawn away from the Bluetooth mice, because of poor battery life, but essentially, I want to purchase the best working/feeling mouse on the market, even if it is Bluetooth.

Let me know any recommendations!

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Actually, Bluetooth mice can have great battery life. My Apple Bluetooth Mighty Mouse has been working for three months now and still has 4/5ths of its battery life.

As for "best," it depends on what your primary objectives are. I used to use a Logitech MX900, but it's gotten funky in its old age, it didn't have an on/off switch and its batteries didn't hold too much charge. Now I have the Mighty Mouse and like it quite a lot, though it took some getting used to. I value aesthetics a lot and use hot-corners for Exposé, so having a lot of buttons wasn't really a goal. I also like Bluetooth because it means having no base stations or dongles to plug in and take up a USB port.

I hear good things about Logitech's newer mice, like the MX1000 and MX Revolution, but they're pricey, and I dislike mice that don't use Bluetooth, so...

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Logitech MX Revolution if you will only be using it at home, Logitech VX Revolution if you will be taking it with you when you take your laptop with you.

The MX Revolution is rechargeable, and has a charging stand. The VX Revolution is smaller and uses AA batteries.

For mice, i would highly recommend logitech mice. They are awesome! for this look at the logitech V270 if you just want a laptop bluetooth mouse, i know the one with the wireless adapter works beautifuly cause i own it and the batteries just finally died exactly a year after i got it. If you want a great feeling mouse, as the guy above said: logitech vx revolution it is teh smaller portable laptop version of the mx revolution.

check em out. Either at a local store or logitech.com :)

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Forget Logitech, get a Razer Pro Solutions 1.6! They only come with one option, and that is a wire!

6. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Logitech VX Revolution unless you have a large hand then get the MX Revolution.

7. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Love my MM wirless brand new 22 bucks shipped........the batt last forever!

8. tshakey macrumors member

i luv my mightymouse, it offers proper functionality, but still has that simple mac mouse design,
    doesnt have as many features as others, but makes up for it in looks!!

9. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Dang, that's a good deal. eBay?

10. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

Where did you get it for that little?

11. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Logitech is overrated and overpriced

go for the razer pro 1.6

12. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

True their retail price is overpriced but I got my VX revolution for $40 shipped via Buy.com thanks to Google Checkout.

13. ViToMiNs thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I may be going with the VX Revolution!

Thank you all for your help!

14. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Excellent choice. You won't be disappointed.

15. redmeister macrumors 6502

yea i think i am going with a logitech as well. they may be slightly overrated and slightly overpriced but they are still pretty solid mice overall and have numerous options