best multiplayer game

Discussion in 'Games' started by knicksfan58, Jun 13, 2004.

1. knicksfan58 macrumors member

i'm looking to get a new game to play on my pb g4.it is really important that it runs well. i'm looking strictly at online multiplayer. in that case, what's better - halo, call of duty, or medal of honor?

2. Godfather macrumors member

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Return to Castle Wolfwnstein with the beach landing map

5. hardon macrumors regular

Both of which will run like crap on a powerbook!!

yea stick with the Quake engine, such as COD, Wolfenstein, and Quake III, a lot more variation's can be acheived using this engine on a PB using ATI or Nividia

if you really stuck stuck try this

http://66.98.141.5/media/swf/23.swf

:rolleyes:

6. raiderz182 macrumors regular

7. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I don’t think BF1942 will run badly on a Powerbook. And I doubt you can be sure about this, as the game isn’t out yet. Talking about UT2k4, you may be right, I have no experience with it yet.

8. applekid macrumors 68020

What's your specs for your PBG4?

I'm sure you'll be able to play CoD with decent settings and a decent resolution on something better than a GeForce4MX. I have a GeForce4MX on my iMac and performance isn't horrible, but it could be better.

Halo will run well with shaders if you run it at 640x480 and don't mind doing that. It probably is my favorite multiplayer game (even though I haven't played it lately).

Medal of Honor will run fine with anything above those first G3 Dual USB iBooks. Spearhead is a no-no because of the bugs from the PC version made it to the Mac. Breakthrough is alright, but a little demanding.

I've read UT2K4 runs fine on the latest PowerBooks at the right settings. BareFeats.com should have what you're looking for for that.

9. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

10. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I hate people more and more every day

11. Coolvirus007 macrumors regular

If you can't play the game on the Mac, DON'T MENTION IT! What is the point? (This is a Mac FAN site. Not a mac insult site.)

anyway, call of duty, MOHAA, wolfenstein, raven shield, GR, AA, and Breakthrough runs well on my pb.

12. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

13. Dr. Zauis macrumors member

14. austincolby macrumors member

WWII Online - Best Online Game Period

oops, repeated :)

15. austincolby macrumors member

WWII Online - Best Online Game Period

While those are all good games, I would highly, highly suggest that you take a look at World War II Online. It is a truly AMAZING online experience, that just keeps getting better with each and every update.

It does take some time to figure out what is going on, which requires patience and a willingness to learn, but you are rewarded with a truly immersive online experience, and some of the most enjoyable gaming you will ever spend.

I cannot possibly explain just how great the game is- to be hiding in the bushes as an enemy tank rolls by as you call in an airstrike from your friends in the air- or gathering up your squadmates and launching a massive tank assault into an enemy town- running through a field to divert the attention of a tanker so an ally can sneak up and sap- or tearing out of the sky to take out an enemy fighter thats taking pot-shots at a friendly bomber- or even just riding along in a beddy with some fellow grunts, or flying wingman in a bomber on a strategic airdrop deep behind enemy lines, constantly sweeping the skies for enemy fighters while having a jolly old time swapping war stories with squadies next to you...

Its the real deal- every unit in-game is a real live person, every successful incursion helps you snake just that much deeper into enemy territory, every town you take becomes the launching point for your side, every tank you destroy means one less cannon firing on your side in the future...

Truly amazing- so amazing, in fact, that this long-time reader decided to finally register for Macrumors just to share his joy with the game.

Best of all, its a PC and Mac game where the developers actually care about the Mac players...

And NOTHING is better than taking out some hot-shot Voodoo PC player with your G4 1Ghz laptop and 512 ram :)

16. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I know it's a completely different genre of game... but I think that WC3 is probably the best

17. benpatient macrumors 68000

Armor Alley.

no question. it's your best option.

18. benpatient macrumors 68000

are you talking about Voodoo graphics cards?

hehe. i don't think they actually still make those, dude...

19. wide macrumors 6502a

dude

wtf
    wtfwtfwtf

i need some more happy pills now

20. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I'd say Homeworld 2, but I believe it'll be Mac to Mac only (according to the Aspyr website). Man that game is fun.. can't wait until it hits the Mac!

21. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

took the words...

22. raiderz182 macrumors regular

for one thing, this thread is called titled "best multiplayer game" , (people without powerbooks will still open this thread) and seeing as how there are mac users who also have PC's on this site, is it wrong to share a bit of my opinion? who am i insulting?

23. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

yes, i have on suggestion on best multiplayer game...QUAKE III:ARENA...yes it might be old and ...old...but its really fun, i mean you can modify it to have a blast with your friends and its fast paced action, unlike todays "realistic" games, which are getting kind of old...so you feel like partying and having a good time, QUAKE III is the way to go

24. Coolvirus007 macrumors regular

hello? www.[B]MAC[/B]rumors.com. Also I did not specify powerbook users only. And knicksfan58 (who started this thread) asks what new games he can play on his powerbook g4. Answer his question. :eek: :eek: :eek:

benpatient - voodoo pc means a pc made by a brand called voodoo (there mad expensive). Not the ancient graphics card. :D