Best music editing software

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by padelboy, Feb 23, 2004.

1. padelboy macrumors newbie

What is the best & easiest Music editing software?

I want to edit sound & movie clips, to a smaller size, but also to sound louder?

2. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Do you want to edit sound clips, or video clips? You mention below that you want to edit movie clips as well. Since this is the case, I would recommend something like FCE if you're concerned with syncing audio and video clips as you have indicated. Please clarify exactly what you need.

If you were just interested in audio editing apps, it sounds as though something simple such as Sound Studio would work fine for you - it allows you to do basic editing, cropping, and various effects as well, such as volume modification. If you need additional functionality, you'll have to look at more of a pro app...

3. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

PEAK (www.bias-inc.com) is the de-facto pro editor for stereo audio files and it uses vst & au plugins. if you want to make soundtracks louder and sound "produced", i'd recommend a vintagewarmer (www.pspaudioware.com) plugin, which gets the job done beautifully.

i think you will not need the full version of peak - buy the le version instead and save some serious money there. major difference between full and le version is the full version's ability to use five plugins at once, while le version only uses one. the full version can also make crossfades between tracks if you wish to author cd:s where tracks seem to overlap each other. there are other minor differences, but those two are the greatest offerings of full version over le.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I agree - Peak is a great piece of software - it will definitely be more than adequate for your needs from the sounds of it.