best no frills free <2GB file sharing sites?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by patent10021, Dec 27, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

patent10021

I need to share a couple of 1.5GB/2GB files with people. They don't have DropBox or any of that stuff and I need to be able to simply send them a link to download a file that I upload. Like MediaFire but max 2GB files.

Are there any places I can do that? If I have DropBox do they also need DropBox? I guess no Apple iCloud solutions or anything?

2. macrumors 68020

someguy

Nope.

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

patent10021

On my Mac I put a 1.66GB file in the DropBox folder. The file now has a blue sync icon on it. The photo I put in already has a green check mark on it.

How come there is no progress meter anywhere? Will a 1.66GB file take a long time to sync? Should I upload it manually instead if I want to see some sort of progress meter?

EDIT: Ah, never mind. There's progress meter in the Apple menu ;) Sure is slow AZZ.

4. macrumors 68020

someguy

Most people sync files that are small enough in size that the loading time is minuscule.

Depends on your internet connection speed and also what you consider a long time to be. In short, yes.

By manually, do you mean the web interface? That may have a progress bar, but if you do it in Chrome, I think the status bar at the bottom of the window will tell you how far along it is in real-time.

This is news to me! :D

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

patent10021

[​IMG]

6. macrumors 604

ravenvii

Wish it's a live progress bar, instead of having to click the menu item repeatedly for updated progress.

Not that I've done that. :D