Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
I'm not by any means an experienced ebay seller, but I've noticed that quite a few MR members are and have offered some sound advice in the past. I'm looking for a bit of advice now. I'm selling a system on ebay with the BIN or Best offer option on because I'm too worried about taking a hit on a system I might otherwise keep.

The thing is, I'm getting seriously annoyed by these moronic low-ball offers I'm getting from buyers. The full kit of a system I have going for near $700, so why would anyone make me an offer of 1 - 200?! My question is that are these people seriously dumb or are they working on an ebay tactic that I should know more about? I mean, I know that they have more than one offer up their sleeve, so is the lowball intended to engage me in some haggling or something? The first few of these I got, I politely explained that the amount offered was far too low. But now, I'm just flatly rejecting, no explanation. I've tried to use ebay's 'automatically reject offers under $x' but it seems to fail fairly regularly (i.e. I start getting lowballs again.)

Any advice?

cheers!
yt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.