Best offline games?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spectre51, Apr 21, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

spectre51

So I am loving my iPad and all the apps. I've noticed most of the games I play require online access and since I have a wifi version and not always on the internet I was hoping you guys could help me with a list of really good offline games?

I have Let's Golf HD which I really like and got N.O.V.A. but haven't played it that much. Any others you think would be good? I'm not a big racing fan but am thinking about getting Shrek Kart.

2. macrumors 6502

Soosiz HD is a lot of fun and it's only .99 cents right now. Well worth every penny of that.

Harbor Master is fun and free.

Cocoto Kart HD is great too. It has both offline and online and it's on sale for .99 cents.

3. macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

I highly recommend getting Cocoto Kart instead of Shrek Kart. Cocoto Kart is WAY superior than Shrek in every way and I think it's still on sale in the states for .99

Need for Speed Shift is freaking fun, Zombieville HD is a blast too.

4. macrumors regular

I second that, this game is great and it's a steal for the current price.

5. macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

N.O.V.A. is simply amazing, especially the multi-player online gameplay. 4 people in numerous maps in deathmatches. Just awesome.

6. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Zen Bound has always been my favorite iPhone game and I highly recommend Zen Bound 2 on iPad. If you like the Tap Tap games give Tap Tap Radiation a try, 35 or so free songs all ready. Crosswords is designed wonderfully on iPad and its the same darn price as the iPhone version! Harbor Master and/or Flight Control

and of course, Plants Vs. Zombies!!

I have bought too many Apps lately so I am gonna wait a while until I get more, but Amazon: Hidden Expedition looks great. I loved Everest: Hidden Expedition on iPhone way back when it first came out as $1. From then on the made their games $5 which was never worth it on iPhone.

7. macrumors 6502

Gameloft has some impressive games out for the iPad. Asphalt and N.O.V.A are my favorites at the moment. Both were available previously for iPhone, but they're much more fun on the iPad.

That sounds great. I haven't had a chance to try multiplayer yet.

8. macrumors regular

AIRniloc

Simpsons arcade...very fun

I'd have paid $5 for that app.. Can't believe it's only a buck :)

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

spectre51

I forgot i had harbor master. That is a great game. A lot better than flight control IMHO. Hoping to see a iPad version of GTA china town wars.

10. macrumors 6502

No iPad version yet.

11. macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

12. macrumors 6502a

Mirrors Edge is cool for showing off iPad however a bit pricey!!

Love X Plane for showing off graphics!!!

Plant V Zombies im itching to buy!!!

13. macrumors 6502a

An iPad version of GTA CTW would be awesome, though I doubt we'll see one now. Seeing as GTA3 has done quite well, GTA:VC must be next....

Be interesting to see if GTA3 gets updated for retina, though I've noticed the big game studios don't seem interested in supporting their games for more than a couple of months....

14. macrumors newbie

15. AppleRobert, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014

macrumors 68040

Little known gems:

Sprinkle Islands
    Little Bit Evil

Not racing but these two offer hours of gameplay and fun.