Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fourbin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I am looking to make some personal backups of my DVD video library (because I am that anal about keeping everything perfect). Is there anything out there for OS X that does the job in basically one click? Keep in mind I would like to copy to another DVD. Compression is most likely a must since I'm not using dual-layer.

Thanks!

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Would something like Toast 8 work for you? I have not used it for DVDs, but i have used it to make copies of my CDs. Works with one click. Roxio Also has a program called Popcorn2 that might work better now that i look at it...

mockery

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2006
If you install FairMount (which automatically mounts the DVD and decodes it on the fly), Toast 7 (and probably 8 too) will work as a "one step" recompress and burn tool for you. You won't need MTR.

As an alternative to Toast, I understand that DVD2OneX additionally offers a batch tool. In my opinion DVD2OneX provides very slightly better quality and is a lot faster than Toast - though it is more expensive.

(You pay your money and take your choice :)

I hope that his helps you.
Greetings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.