Best one-click DVD copying app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fourbin, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Fourbin macrumors regular

I am looking to make some personal backups of my DVD video library (because I am that anal about keeping everything perfect). Is there anything out there for OS X that does the job in basically one click? Keep in mind I would like to copy to another DVD. Compression is most likely a must since I'm not using dual-layer.

Thanks!

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Would something like Toast 8 work for you? I have not used it for DVDs, but i have used it to make copies of my CDs. Works with one click. Roxio Also has a program called Popcorn2 that might work better now that i look at it...

3. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

There is not a single app that can back up DVDs.

You will need to download Mac The Ripper and either DVD2oneX or Toast. These are simple programs. If you have any questions post them up or shot me a PM.

4. Samwise592 macrumors regular

no way. Toast 8 will copy DVDs in one click... if you're willing to pay for it.

5. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I am almost positive that you need Mac The Ripper to rip the DVD. Almost positive.

6. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    As long as your DVD collection is composed of retail DVD's, you will need to strip the encryption for your backups.

Therefore you will need MTR.

So no, there is no single app that will strip the encryption and then compress and burn it with one click. :(

7. mockery macrumors newbie

If you install FairMount (which automatically mounts the DVD and decodes it on the fly), Toast 7 (and probably 8 too) will work as a "one step" recompress and burn tool for you. You won't need MTR.

As an alternative to Toast, I understand that DVD2OneX additionally offers a batch tool. In my opinion DVD2OneX provides very slightly better quality and is a lot faster than Toast - though it is more expensive.

(You pay your money and take your choice :)

I hope that his helps you.
    Greetings.