Best Online Shop to get a New Apple iBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by neoelectronaut, Jul 9, 2004.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

Dec 3, 2003
    Southeastern Louisiana
    I've convinced my girlfriend into switching to Apple, and I was wondering what would be the best place online for her to buy a brand-spanking new iBook?
  2. nyprospect macrumors 6502

May 3, 2004
  3. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Jun 26, 2004
    I live in a giant bucket!
    Wouldn't the Apple site be the best bet? Then you can customize it for her specific needs.
  4. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Sep 21, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    true, but for many people, standard configurations are fine and the upgrades wanted are all user-installable. online retailers such as those mentioned are best for getting great prices on closeouts and avoiding state and local sales taxes.

I like smalldog. I've ordered a few things from them and they're great.
  5. netytan macrumors 6502

May 23, 2004
    If you're gonna get an Ibook i have to recoment getting the BlueTooth BTO since its just not something you can add later and maybe a HD update! running out of space can be very restricting! This will also boost the resale value if you ever want to see it. The other things you can add yourself later i.e. more RAM. Anyway, i ordered meGot mine from

Hope this helps,

6. keysersoze macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    You're probably up to speed on this, but DO NOT order from any of the following: macfanaticshop, macwhiz etc.

Their ads show up on google searches but this "shop" is a proven scam artist.
  7. fenlyn macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2003
    Amazon is having an iBook and Powerbook $150 Rebate offer until the end of the month. You could get a decent deal there and not have to pay tax or shipping.

If you prefer an organized list of the affected notebooks, go to my site and click the iBook or Powerbook you want. Make sure it is offered by Amazon and not one of their associated merchants or you won't get the rebate.

Good luck!