Best P2P App - Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by opinio, Jul 15, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

I use aMule as my main P2P client mostly for getting main stream mkvs etc. My wife is always looking for a lot of asian drama and she finds aMule is good for that as well. I use aMule simply because it was an easy change over from when I use to use eMule on a PC.

The servers are becoming limited and I am wondering if KAD and eDonkey are used as much as they use to be. eMule (same servers but for PC) seems popular still, but I am still wondering...

I am wondering what else is out there (OSX obviously) that is similar to aMule, or at least is good for similar videos.

2. macrumors regular

Why aren't you using bit torrent? Everyone moved to bit torrent. Transmission.app

There is a torrent specifically for Asian TV shows (a site)

D-Addicts :: Asian Drama Torrents‎

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. I rarely use aMule anymore but with a new fibre Internet connection pulling through 95 megabits per second on Speedtest.com and a TB of data a month I am looking for ways to use the data allowance. :)

4. macrumors regular

LucasG

I use Transmission and it works better. I did use uTorrent on Windows but prefer the simplicity of Transmission on the Mac.