...best p2p software/kazaa equivalent?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ysp1, Dec 20, 2002.

1. ysp1 macrumors newbie

Hi All...

As a recent convert to the Mac, OSX10.2.3 on a Powermac, i was wondering if any software out there emulated kazaa? Ive tried acquire/acqusition (sp?) with little luck (slow, slow, slow with few successful d/l's). Is limewire better? Any suggestions would be appreciated...

thanks...

ysp

2. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i'm wondering about this too, right now im stuck with limewire....its the most buggy application i have on my mac, basically whenever i run it, no other app is open since it took me 15 min to close it an hr ago

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Try Direct Connect. It's like a combination of Napster/Acquisition/Limewire/Kazaa and a direct P2P client like KDX/Hotline/Carracho. Basically you get to choose the servers you connect to, but you can just do a search from there like a normal P2P client can... without any upload to download and all that hassle you have to deal with with direct P2P.

Just look on VersionTracker for Direct Connect.

irmongoose

4. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    xnap works pretty well also.

its just a continuation of an opensource napster.

5. Codemonkey macrumors 6502

+1 for DC. It's incredible. Been on it solid for like 3 days now. It's even got a resume function! I've not touched Lamewire in weeks.

However, DC requires a tiny bit more handholding at the beginning. In that respect it reminds me more of Carracho and Hotline... but so far the results have made my PeeCee cohorts jealous. :p

Good luck!

6. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

The new version (v0.65) of acquisition is much faster on my g4 450, but christ, you can't get any networks to connect. On the older version I'd constantly be roaming 16 to 20 networks, now I'm lucky to get 6. I have no idea what they changed, but it definately has gotten worse.