best phone plan for my family and i?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chill., Dec 17, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

so i sort of jumped the gun already and got an iphone 5 on verizon. i'm paying $90/month for 1 gig of data and unlimited voice/text.

my parents are on t-mobile and have prepaid pay-as-you-go plans. my dad has a smartphone, doesn't have a data plan but would enjoy one, and i wouldn't mind sharing my data with him.

honestly, i only need about 100 minutes of daytime calling a month, and my parents use 100 minutes every 3 months or so.

is there a good family plan we can go on to maximize savings? i don't mind paying the upfront cost to opt out of verizon if it means good long-term savings.

thanks

2. macrumors regular

T-Mobile is cheap but if data is your thing you need to find out if T-Mobile has launched 1900 band 3G in your area or you will be stuck surfing the web on EDGE. :eek:

3. macrumors 68000

pooleman

The proper title for your thread should be "Best phone plan for my family and me?" or "Best phone plan for me and my family". You wouldn't say "Best phone plan for I", so you shouldn't say it when adding another person or group to your sentence.

If the sentence wouldn't make sense when it's just singular (I, me, etc) then it doesn't make sense when you pluralize it.

4. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Just add your parents to your plan on Verizon and add on another couple gbs of data for you and your dad to use. No point of paying an etf to switch if Verizon has good service for you.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the reminder, i had forgotten about this bit of grammar