Best 'phones for iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by B@SS_SHOCK, Sep 18, 2003.

1. B@SS_SHOCK macrumors member

Jun 3, 2003
    Perth, WA
    Not only the best sounding, but what are the best looking ear or headphones you've seen? I should've gotten these cool 80's retro Sony cans for the iPod i'll be getting, they were white!
  2. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

Jun 6, 2003
    Grado SR60's or SR80's. Check 'em out: Grado Labs but you'll have to find a vendor on your own -- I don't believe they sell through the site.

Although... they look kinda old-school, and not in the best way.
  3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    grado's are nice but not ideal because the open design....i don't like when ppl play their music if i forget mine and i extend the courtesy to others.

edit: do a search we recently had a really big thread on this...i prefer the in the ear style so it blocks out other sounds but also have a pair of bose triports...they are really comfortable for listening and i'm not an audiphile so i think they sound good.
  4. shecky Guest

May 24, 2003
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    i have a pair of Sony MDR-EX71 in-ear phones. I am still breaking them in but i am very impressed so far. You can get them in white also if you are willing to get them shipped from Japan. the black ones i got were only $32 from The white ones will run you about $50.
  5. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    If you look hard enough, you might just find a pair of white Sony MDR-D66S. But if not, the black will be good enough. It's gonna cost you $99, but do you really care about the money after dropping $400 for a MP3 player?
  6. jhedges3 macrumors regular

Sep 11, 2003
    NY, NY