Best 'phones for iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by B@SS_SHOCK, Sep 18, 2003.

1. B@SS_SHOCK macrumors member

Not only the best sounding, but what are the best looking ear or headphones you've seen? I should've gotten these cool 80's retro Sony cans for the iPod i'll be getting, they were white!

2. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

Grado SR60's or SR80's. Check 'em out: Grado Labs but you'll have to find a vendor on your own -- I don't believe they sell through the site.

Although... they look kinda old-school, and not in the best way.

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

grado's are nice but not ideal because the open design....i don't like when ppl play their music if i forget mine and i extend the courtesy to others.

edit: do a search we recently had a really big thread on this...i prefer the in the ear style so it blocks out other sounds but also have a pair of bose triports...they are really comfortable for listening and i'm not an audiphile so i think they sound good.

4. shecky Guest

shecky

i have a pair of Sony MDR-EX71 in-ear phones. I am still breaking them in but i am very impressed so far. You can get them in white also if you are willing to get them shipped from Japan. the black ones i got were only $32 from ecost.com. The white ones will run you about $50.

5. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

If you look hard enough, you might just find a pair of white Sony MDR-D66S. But if not, the black will be good enough. It's gonna cost you $99, but do you really care about the money after dropping $400 for a MP3 player?

6. jhedges3 macrumors regular