Best place for 12" PB Ram

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Gidman, Mar 24, 2003.

1. macrumors member

New York, the City so nice they named it twice
    What is the best place (read cheapest and most dependable or a combination thereof) to purchase RAM to max out a 12" Powerbook? I have no experience buying RAM through the Internet, and am a little nervous about farging a brand new computer.

I checked RAM Seeker and they suggested 18004Memory.com, but they list the RAM as generic. What is the collected wisdom of the MR community? Advice?

Gid

2. macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

As long as you go thru the Apple Hardware links with 18004memory, it is guaranteed. They are probably the best place to get memory and have an outstanding reputation.

If you want to make sure you are getting what you need and being taken care of by other Mac users, you need to order from MacSales/OtherWorld. These guys are the best when it comes to catering to us picky users.

3. macrumors 65816

Foxer

I maxed out my 12-inch PB last week. I bought Kingston RAM from googlegear.com. (This was also my first go at personally adding RAM to a Mac.) They had a good price and members of the community here vouched for the brand - but as with everything on these boards (including the coor of the sky, i suspect) there were advocates for and against it. All I can say is that the price was right, they delvered quickly and after a little more than a week, everything is working fine on the PB.

4. macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

The best prices for brand and non brand memory I found here : DataMem

5. macrumors 601

zimv20

my confusion

i read the subject and thought to myself, "in the RAM slot, silly" :)

6. macrumors member

7. macrumors 6502

Personal Preference

I prefer Crucial.com - very helpful and quality product. They make RAM - and that's about it.

8. macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

if you are willing to wait and pay alot of money, the 1GB chips are just around the corner. This way your PB would have 1.125GB of RAM. That would be sweet.