Best place/price for OS X 10.4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gamedog, Oct 28, 2006.

  1. gamedog macrumors newbie

    Oct 20, 2006
    hey all,
    i still have 10.3.9 and am wondering if i should upgrade to tiger or wait for leopard? i noticed the advice given to someone else was to wait for leopard; however, he/she has 9.2.:confused:

    i have a M5884, PPC, G4 titanium, 500mhz, 768 mb ram.

    any tips of info is much appreciated!
  2. daveyjokes macrumors member


    Apr 30, 2006
    Oxford, UK-Oh yes!
    i too was told to wait for leapord, however i would imagine that it needs a rather hefty machine, maybe a im no computer amazing guy but im sure that your configuration would work, 700+ ram should be fine....back me up someone?! I too have 10.3.9, i too will be upgrading to leapord...probably off ebay! imac g5 512 ram, rev. a. nothing special, but it gets me where i want, the end of my amazing games or anything, just office and safari and ilife really
  3. Chundles macrumors G4


    Jul 4, 2005

    There's a lot of bad information on Leopard at the moment.

    Leopard WILL run on G4s - it appears that G3 support has been dropped though.

    Get 1GB of RAM and it will be smooth sailing. 512MB might feel a bit tight. 768MB should be fine though.

    But yes, wait for Leopard, you'll get a much bigger "Wow!" factor going from 10.3 to 10.5.

Share This Page