Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 13, 2002
New York
What's the best place to buy a new mac online? I'm in the middle of nowhere so any retail outlet is out of the question. Macmall offers a free additional external cd-rw which seems better than the standard 512 RAM or 256 RAM free on new powermacs.

Any suggestions?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I have always had good service from MacZone. The prices are nothing out of the ordinary -- no badly overpriced items and no wonderful bargains, except the occasional advertised special.

I've also purchased from MacConnection and the Apple Store.

With less-big-name companies, you have to be wary of bargains that are "too good to be true" but you also have the chance to find better deals.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
best deal in canada?

i was wondering if any canadians know which site would be best in canada (if theres any difference in prices on each site lol), macwarehouse.ca is usually the best but i cant seem to find any powermacs on their site right now :(, and they havent included anything free in their catalog for a while (for powermacs)...and any site in the us would be offlimits due to duties :(

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Re: best deal in canada?

Originally posted by SilvorX
i was wondering if any canadians know which site would be best in canada (if theres any difference in prices on each site lol), macwarehouse.ca is usually the best but i cant seem to find any powermacs on their site right now :(, and they havent included anything free in their catalog for a while (for powermacs)...and any site in the us would be offlimits due to duties :(

Ever try Apple Store Canada?

They got the same deals as the US store...

irmongoose

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.