Best place to buy from

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mwfernandez80, Jul 24, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I don't know if I should buy my 2011 MBA from apple and get the free $100 card, or from Amazon, where there's no tax? Or just go into a apple store? Which would be the best?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. macrumors 68020

Best Buy also has them on sale and some people are able to get a $100 Best Buy gift card by asking them to match the Apple Promo.

3. macrumors 6502a

No one makes it easier (and cheaper) to return a product you don't like than Amazon. Not sure why anyone would take Apple's 100 dollar towards their store deal over Amazon basically letting you keep 140 dollars. My money is infinitely more valuable than Apple's credit.

4. macrumors member

5. macrumors regular

Got my i5 128 SSD 4gig from best buy cheaper than the lowest price on the price list.. Also, i got the $100 gift card.

6. macrumors 6502

no actually best buy makes it much easier and cheaper to return since there is no return shipping costs, no processing time; etc.

Also best buy comes out to the cheapest for me since im tax exempt + $100 gift card + rewardzone points. And as a silver best buy member i get 45 day return period on all items.

7. Guest

There are NO shipping costs with Amazon refunds. They give you a shipping label for free. You print it out and you can have UPS come to your door THE NEXT DAY and pick it up. Amazon is phenomenally great.

Your tax exempt status is not something we all share. For the rest of us, Amazon's tax free + free shipping is hard to beat!

8. macrumors regular

My understanding with Amazon, is they will charge you return shipping, unless the product is defective, or, there was an error on their part.

They will give you a shipping label, but will deduct the shipping from your refund.

9. macrumors newbie

10. macrumors 6502a

Blaine

The macmall deal sure looks juicy. But it says the discount expired last month. Also, I can't tell if sales tax is charged for Texas, as anything I try to add to my cart says sku not found.

11. macrumors 6502

I'd probably go Amazon. Remember the $100 card is not cash from Apple. And BestBuy is a little better, but still not cash.

12. macrumors 6502

it's not, i live in texas too. i'll definitely be going with macmall when i get my air, assuming they still have the best tax-free deal.

13. macrumors 68040

Amazon is hard to beat, especially if you are a prime member, (unless you live in Cal.)

it's obscene how much I buy from them. :eek:

But they are out of stock of the 13" presently, it seems. (they have the 11" 4GB version apparently)

If only the Rainforest was this well stocked :D

14. macrumors regular

Does either best buy or Amazon sell the i7 13"?

15. macrumors 65816

No they don't. Only the base models.

16. macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Why if you live in Cali? I don't pay Tax on amazon...and have prime. Love it. :D