Best place to buy recordable media?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by gotohamish, Nov 4, 2003.

1. gotohamish macrumors 65816

gotohamish

Hi

where's the best US website for cheap recordable CDRs and DVDRs - or stores in the NYC area?

Thanks!
    Hamish

2. pinto32 macrumors 6502

Best brick & morter (as far as major chains go) has gotta be Best Buy. Ten bucks and change (after rebate) for a 50-pack of Fujifilm CD-Rs.

3. Fahd macrumors regular

4. Richter macrumors member

5. maxvamp macrumors 6502a

maxvamp

Best place.. use the often

meritline

The have double sided 4x DVDR disks for about $2.50, carry most brands, and have excellent customer service.

One of the lowest prices around, and quality media. I am partial to Ritek media, but I suggest you buy a sampler pack of discs to see what works best in your burner. Some burners are pickier than others.

Max

6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Mildly off topic but do people know where you can buy "different" CD-R or DVD-R discs? By different I mean with pre-printed patterns or graphics on them. Not plain ol' silver with some lines... something sorta fancy... just curious. I know there are the Vinyl CD-R's (which I love) and I remember there being a link in an advertisment online a while back for some ones with something like bunnies or anime style print on them...

7. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Oh yes! I was looking at this site called 5inch and they had some pretty cool pre-printed CD-R's, including some entirely black ones that you have to burn on the opposite side. They also do custom designs, though those have to be bought in bulk. Neat stuff! :cool:

If anyone's got more such places, definitely please post them!

8. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

There's a reason why some media are sooo damn cheap. You get what you paid for. Always look for quality media on sale. BestBuy and Amazon.com has the Memorex 4x DVD+R or DVD-R on sale for $30 per 25/pack. BestBuy's FujiFilm 50/pack CDR is also a good buy @ <$10 after MIR.

9. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Awesome! I might have to order some of the holiday themed ones to make some Christmas presents... :)

10. maxvamp macrumors 6502a

maxvamp

What I have used

I would not consider Memorex quality media...

Fuji : YES
    VERBATUM : Mega YES
    Pioneer : Mega YES
    APPLE : YES
    MEMOREX : NO
    BEALL : NO
    PRINCO : SOMETIMES
    RITEK : YES
    Optodisc : NO
    PENGO : YES
    DVDPro : Mega NO.
    TDK : YES

These are my experiences when testing these media brands in Pioneer A03 and A05 superdrives, as well a Panasonic set-top recorders.

Max

11. cebritt macrumors member

Meritline

I'm in the data duplication business and Meritline has the best selection of CD-Rs and DVD-Rs at the best prices. Most of what they sell is unbranded so you have a professional look without a big logo visible behind your label.

12. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

I just wait till there is a good sell at BestBuy or CircuitCity and snatch them up