Best place to get an Xbox 360 from..

Discussion in 'Games' started by minimalistic, Jul 12, 2006.

1. minimalistic macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I'll be going to the states this Saturday, most specifically Miami.

Im interested in buying an Xbox 360 (the Premium edition), any ideas to where is the best place to buy it?

I dont care if its net-based, but hopefully its a retail store I can go walk in and buy it without using the credit card. (Like best buy, compusa, etc).

2. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

I bought mine at Gamestop. They have them in stock almost all the time now.

3. benyaimin macrumors member

yeah i got mine from ebgames, almost the same thing

4. iRhyknow macrumors member

iRhyknow

I bought mine from amazon.com, no taxes and no shipping! :D

5. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

6. Rasheem macrumors regular

definately best buy....make sure to buy their extended warranty! its amazing anything goes wrong with your 360 walk in and grab a new one no questions! Also i reccomend buying an intercooler for 20 bucks it works great and keeps your console from overheating

7. benyaimin macrumors member

do you have an intercooler? i was wondering how good those are and how loud they are?

8. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

My wife bought mine at Target. She applied and was awarded a Target Credit Card and got 10% off of the purchase (which you get with your first Target card purchase)....making the Xbox 360 with hard drive only $360. Then she payed it off a few days later :)

9. benyaimin macrumors member

that's smart. $40 off. that could get you a game. :)

10. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Definitely Best Buy, along with the extended warrenty (PRP). It's like $50, and for two years, if anything goes wrong with your system, you walk in with the old one, and walk out with a new one, no questions asked.

In addition, the warrenty will be for a $400 Xbox system. So, if in the future, the X360 gets a price cut to, say, $300, you can say you have a problem, they give you a new X360, along with a $100 giftcard.

I had a friend who did this to keep his Palm pilot at a top model all the time. (Bought one for $400, then when BestBuy no longer carried that model, said there was a problem, he could get the newest model that was $400). And I did this for my PS2. Replaced it for the model with a network adapter included that was $40 cheaper (I think). So I managed to get a new system, extra network adapter, and $40 giftcard.:eek:

11. Rasheem macrumors regular

Thats smart to get the price cut back i think ill do that after the ps3 comes out the 360 will probably drop down 100 bucks or so and i can buy two games

12. mkaake macrumors 65816

with the OP being from Chile, I doubt an extended warranty from Best Buy will be in the cards, or practical for that matter...

13. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

The intercooler is pretty loud, but when you're playing a game it's not that noticeable, at least to me. I think it's worth it...my 360 is cool to the touch after a couple of hours of gaming, and that can only be a good thing!:D

Edit: I bought my 360 at Best Buy, but I think anyplace you go will be fine.

14. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

It is. Here's a lookup table if you're interested... (also a good primer for horrible web page design...):p

Videointerchange.com

15. crachoar macrumors 6502a

'Circuit City' or 'Costco' probably have the most relaxed return policies. I'd suggest going with a physical store such as those, so your return and exchange will be as hassle-free as possible.

As for the 'Intercooler' - I've had one since it came out. And I'm going onto my sixth broken 360. So, judge for yourself. I suppose it does help a little - but you can't fix faulty design.

Remember, your 360, in all of it's $420 glory, only comes with a three-month warranty. Awesome, right?

Let me give you a word of warning though:

The Microsoft 360 Refurb (or as they call it, 'repair') program is very, very obnoxious. It should be avoided by all means. Like the plague.

And for all of the smart-asses out there - I know how to cool the system properly. I assure you, it's quite cold and ventilated.

16. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

one of my mom's best friends bought 2 premiums at a Sam's. i've never had any problems with it. Except when i go to someones house and forget the power cord and the cord to connect it to the TV :rolleyes: