BEST place to get RAM for my ibook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by NICU420YEM, May 17, 2006.

1. NICU420YEM macrumors newbie

any body know the best place to get cheap ram for my ibook?

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

by searching the forum for the countless other threads on this very subject

3. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

A more helpful answer, although eva is very right, is from a company called Crucial. You will have to find the specific type of RAM you need within that site. Careful; there are very many kinds.

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

For example, this post of mine.

Or any of thousands of other similar posts.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

In general, it is more risky to purchase generic PC RAM.

Choose a reputable seller who tests and guarantees compatibility with your model Macintosh, offers a lifetime warranty, and a no-cost return if it doesn't work. On MR. members have often recommended Crucial, and if you are in the USA, OWC (MacSales) and Data Memory Systems.

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Just remember that companies "game" dealram and RAMseeker by offering substandard RAM at a low price, then try to switch you up to their more expensive RAM. Here's an example from the low price leader today:

"$72.99 Generic - is available for the the price displayed on this page and is intended for the budget minded customer that is not doing mission critical work and is not trying to get the best performance or reliability from their machine. 1 year limited warranty"

1 year warranty and not for mission critical work and not for someone looking for reliability or performance. Yeah, gimme some of that then. None of the work I do is important, and I WANT a lower performance machine that is less reliable.

Gee... for only $30 more I can get the more reliable RAM with a lifetime warranty.

7. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I always find newegg.com to have excellent prices for RAM, along with lifetime warranties.