Best place to get service plan/extended warranty on iPod Nano

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sunshinecat, Mar 31, 2007.

1. sunshinecat macrumors newbie

Mar 31, 2007
    I'm going to buy an iPod Nano and was wondering whether an extended warranty is necessary, and if so, which store offers the best service plan. Does anyone have an opinion on Best Buy vs Circuit City vs Apple Care service plans? Also, Costco told me that they extend the warranty to 2 years for no additional cost. Or I was thinking about buying a new one on Ebay since it would be a lot cheaper. If I bought from Ebay, could I still get the Apple Care? Thanks!
  2. emac82 macrumors 6502

Feb 17, 2007
    NB, Canada
    I work for a retail store and we sell iPods, and I always sell our warranty over AppleCare because through us you can get a 3-year warranty instead of the 2-year that AppleCare gives you, and it's less money. Plus, ours is a replacement warranty so if the ipod stops working, or the battery won't hold its charge then we replace it with a brand new ipod which will come with a brand new manufacturer's warranty. It either gets replaced with the same model, or the newest one (like, if you had a 20GB Photo and it died then you would now get a 30GB video, since the 20GB no longer exists).

I'm not familiar with this free extra Costco warranty, but I'm sure it's probably a good program, because it's Costco!

I don't like to see people buying used iPods, unless it's a refurb from Apple..They get scratched very easily and beat to crap if the owner doesn't take care of it.
  3. sunshinecat thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 31, 2007