Best place to order PB 15" w/ student discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by thxac3, Oct 28, 2003.

1. thxac3 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can order the new PB 15" w/ superdrive using my student discount, but without being charged sales tax? (I'm in Texas) What are the most reliable online sites that sell Macs? I know my local Apple Stores have the PB15" in stock, but with tax, the price becomes just as much without the free ram or other stuff websites offer. Also, would I be able to use my Apple loans at these websites?

2. RJay213 macrumors newbie

Laws

Hey man,

I'm in a similiar situation as you trying to get the most of student discounts.

One thing I picked up, and this might be different state-to-state, but in massachusetts if there is a retail location of a company in-state, that also has a website, they are required to charge sales tax to massachusetts customers buying through the website.

So as there are apple stores in texas, i think you'll be charged through the apple website if the product is shipped to a texas address.

I could be wrong about all of this, but that is my general understanding of the rule. And I'm not sure beyond apple retailers who can offer you the full edu discount and loan program. definetely post if you find a tax-free discount source!

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

impossible you can't get the edu discount and not pay taxes... in order to get the discount your supposed to order through apple and when ordering through apple they automatically charge tax in every state.

Also please do a search before posting questions. This comes up once a week and the answer will probably always be the same.