Best place to sell G5?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by psycho bob, Feb 8, 2005.

1. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

I live in the UK, Leeds to be exact and want to sell my 1.6GHz G5 Powermac. The machine comes with 2Gb RAM, ATI 9600 (non XT), airport, bluetooth, 2x 80Gb hardrives etc etc.
    Where do you think is the best place to try and sell it? Ebay is so filled with scams and dodgy G5's I'm loathed to try there even though personally I have a good record.
    Your ideas are much appreciated?

2. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Dang. If it was a dualler I'd take it off your hands!

3. psycho bob thread starter macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

I've replaced it with a dual 2.5 and obviously the new machine is faster but for general iLife work and medium Photoshop work it is still respectably fast. I only replaced it because I need to multitask and that is where dual CPU machines come into there own. Prior to getting the new machine I had a 74Gb raptor in it and the user interface and start up flew.
    Out of choice I would keep it but I can't get it to work as a server through my existing network without doing a lot of changes so I figure some one else might as well benefit from it. It will happily annialate any new iMac.

4. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

How much are you after for it? (yes, this thread should really be moved to Classifieds now...).

5. psycho bob thread starter macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

I'll await the God's of the forums to move the thread. As for price, well Cancom UK are selling stock refurb 1.6GHz Powermacs for £1057.49 (inc VAT). Configuring the current 1.8 to a similar spec will set you back around £1300 so realistically I'm looking for around £900 ono.
    It will include 10.3(.7), iLife 05 and other software by request/agreement.