Best Places To Buy Used Macbook Pros

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by smcgil9899, Feb 10, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Other than eBay, Craigslist, and Apple's own refurb site, where are some good stores and websites to buy used Macbook Pro laptops?

2. macrumors 68030

Spink10

3. macrumors demi-god

glenthompson

Depends on where you live. Some cities have used computer stores with reasonable prices. I bought a Nook and a netbook for similar prices to eBay. Store I used had a 2 week return policy.

4. macrumors 68030

Spink10

5. macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Really, the places you listed off are by far the best places to buy a non-new MacBook Pro. Buying them anywhere else will have you paying way more than you should and not getting all that much for the extra. Craigslist is great because you can actually inspect the machine before you buy. The Apple refurb section is amazing because you get a brand new exterior with certified working internal parts along with the same warranty that Apple gives its new machines as well as the same AppleCare eligibility that Apple gives its new machines. eBay is great because it gives you more of a selection than Craigslist gets you, with similarly good prices and you have Buyer Protection (which is too good at times). Buying anywhere else is a poor use of money, in my opinion.

6. macrumors 68030

Spink10

Well stated

7. macrumors 6502

Best buy open box. Saw a practically brand new 15 inch baseline rMBP at best buy for 1689.