Best player for .TS file?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ronni3, Feb 23, 2007.

1. ronni3 macrumors regular

Does anyone know what is the best player for .TS files? I have been trying to play these and have found nothing that is capable of letting me see the video.

Help me with this please.

2. ronni3 thread starter macrumors regular

I tried this and it doesn't work. It almost seems like it wants to work, but ends up failing every time.

3. Super Macho Man macrumors 6502a

Super Macho Man

Your next best bet after VLC would be MPEG Streamclip, but in order to use that, you would have to buy the $20 QuickTime MPEG-2 component from Apple. If MPEG Streamclip can read it, it can export it into a different format... including just changing the container format, which might allow VLC to read it. Is this an HDTV broadcast? The Mac software tools to manipulate these streams are not yet mature, unfortunately. I edit my TS files in VideoReDo for Windows which beats anything on the Mac. VideoReDo outputs files that VLC can play perfectly.

4. ronni3 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it is HDTV. I will try StreamClip in a few and let you know what happens. Thanks!

5. ronni3 thread starter macrumors regular

Super Macho Man-

MPEG Streamclip worked perfect. I have yet to convert the files over to something that VLC can play. I may leave the files as is because I actually like the quality of them and I don't mind playing them in Streamclip.

Thanks again!