Best Powerbook cleaner?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by dferigmu, Jul 25, 2005.

1. dferigmu macrumors 6502

I have a 15" Powerbook and I was wondering which cleaner will clean off the LCD and case effectively?

I guess the two main ones are iKlear and iClean.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I get the cheapest brand I can find. I've purchased many brands and they all seem about the same. The one thing I do look for is the wipes. The wipes are much easier than the spray. You don't need to find the perfect cloth to wipe down the laptop.

3. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

4. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Yeah, iKlear works well, just make sure you rub the screen down completely to avoid streaks.

5. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    24.95USD to clean my screen and keyboard, don't get me wrong i care about my laptop more then the next guy but what am i missing 24.95USD is ridiculous for a cleaning agent.

6. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

iKlear for me...i really like the travel ones so i can through them in my comp bag...and also the big one with the spray bottle is killer too...plus it works great on my ipod screen aswell!

7. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Hmm that is kind of expensive. I have the little pouches (are those what they call "travel" version?) and I got a ton of them a while ago for I think $5 per 10. You can always use a really mild soap and water but iKlear is the best specific cleaning I've found for PowerBooks.

8. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Any idea where i could acquire those for that price?? Thanks!

9. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

The best cleaner that I have used for my Powerbook and Apple Cinema Display is found at your local Sunglass Hut.

Get a nice bottle of lens cleaner and, if you don't already own a pair of Oakleys, those nice semi-shiny cloths. In theory, I chose this as my cleaner because those lens cleaners must be gentle enough to clean a wide array of very very expensive lenses (polarized, Oakley plutonite, etc.) and can be used on a constant basis. The cloth is lint free, very soft and does a good job of not leaving any film behind.

10. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I think I got mine at OtherWorld Computing, but it appears the price has gone up to $7.50 for 10. :rolleyes: And of course it's prolly not worth it unless you're already buying a bigger item there (although they are a very good mail-order Mac shop).