Best prepaid dataplan for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xjosh, Jan 18, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Jan 7, 2011

I need some help.
    I'm going to the US for 14 days and I need a prepaid dataplan for my iPhone 5.
    I have looked on Red Pocket and Straight Talk. What is the best to get? Can I get a nano-sim on Straight talk?

I need at least 1GB of data.

Please help me out.

Thank you so much.
  2. macrumors 6502

Apr 9, 2010
    You are going to need to buy a nano sim cutter to use it on straight talk. They may have changed it in the past month, since they released the iphone 5.
  3. macrumors 6502

Sep 28, 2011
    You can get a Net 10 card and cut it to fit an iPhone 5.
  4. macrumors demi-god

Aug 25, 2012
  5. macrumors 6502

Oct 2, 2011
    MN, USA
    Scam alert! iPhone 5 is in stock on Apple's Singapore web site. You have multiple threads wanting to buy iPhones. Next time you try a scam choose a country where iPhone 5 is not available!
  6. macrumors 68040

Jul 2, 2012
    Straight talk requires ordering the SIM card online so that may not be favorable to you. You could go with att unlimited everything and 1gb data for $65. America does not have good prepaid plans like in Europe or Asia.
  7. macrumors newbie

Jan 18, 2013
  8. macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2009
    The simplest and easiest option is to either call AT&T, or visit one of their stores or authorized retailers (Best Buy) when you get there and let them handle it for you.

Red Pocket would be my second choice.

T-Mobile has prepaid nano SIMs, but their coverage isn't the greatest and they're still refarming their network so... you might be stuck on EDGE... or worse.

Otherwise, you'll need to cut your own nano SIM.
  9. macrumors 68020

Nov 2, 2010
    Los Angeles but missing San Diego </3
    Come on dude.

Doesn't t-mobile have an unlimited everything plan or did they get rid of that?
  10. thread starter macrumors member

Jan 7, 2011
    Thank you all.

I'm fine with ordering the sim online. I see that Red Pocket have some cheap ones on Ebay.

I just don't want to cut the card myself. I have already ruined a simcardreader in one phone because I'm so bad at it..

I find the AT&T plan a little expensive?

Thank you again.