Best prepaid plan for a Verizon iPhone 5 phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fanisp, May 25, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 18, 2012
    Hey guys.

Quick question.

I have a verizon iphone 5 phone which as far as I know it is unlocked.
    I am very confused as far as what prepaid plan to choose from, since i want to cancel my contract.

there are so many companies out there..but none of them is clear if they support the iphone and what speeds will i be getting?

anyone can help advice

thank u !
  2. macrumors 65816

Nov 16, 2011
    Your best options are Straight talk, Net10, etc or if you are in a really good Refarmed area then you can go with one of the T-Mobile carriers such as Solavei...4GB 3G/4G Data + Unlimited Talk+ TExt.

check my other threads by clicking on my name, your options are listed.
  3. macrumors 604

Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    don't forget you will have to pay an ETF to Verizon to cancel.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    From my experience StraightTalk has horrid data speeds, but T-Mobile seems to be a good option, I don't think you'll get LTE though.

Pre-paid T-Mobile works well for me, and the plans are pretty well priced, around the same level as an MVNO. If you need a lot of calling, I'd stick with an MVNO like Net10 or something, but if you mostly text/use data, then I'd go with T-Mobile.
  5. macrumors member

May 20, 2013
    T-Mobile's $30 prepaid plan with 100 mins/ unlimited text & data - first 5 GB up to 4G speeds works for me as I am heavy data user.
  6. macrumors 68020

Jun 19, 2010
  7. macrumors 68040

Dec 18, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    I would also recommend Net10. I wouldn't go with T-Mobile prepaid unless you have the actual T-Mobile iPhone 5.