best price and place to buy apple 23 inch monitor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wirelessimports, Mar 27, 2005.

1. wirelessimports macrumors member

Anyone know what the best price is to buy a 23inch apple monitor and where from?

2. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

bestbuy.com

If I was going to buy a 23" Apple Cinema it would be at bestbuy.com. I would check the monitor out to make sure it doesn't have any dead or stuck pixels as soon as I received it. It there were any defects I would return it to my local Best Buy store within 14 days for a credit to my account - then repeat the process above until I got a perfect display.

I tried this with the older 20" ACD a while back, but gave up after two tries. Some day I'll dig in again and go for a perfect 23" Apple display. Good luck to you :p

3. wirelessimports thread starter macrumors member

I am using a 20 in that i got direct from apple. no dead pixels. But I am trying to find the best deal on the 23in monitor, seems like a 1600 using the student discount its the best way to go right now. But its way too much still. At 1400 i think i could swing it by putting my 20 in on ebay.

Anyone know where I can pick up one at or around $1400?

4. DjEboy macrumors newbie

I work of an authoirzed apple reseller, and every apple branded hardware product on apples education site is less than what a large reseller will pay. :)

5. wirelessimports thread starter macrumors member

I dont know about that, I was offered a 20 in apple monitor for $850 no tax from some guy that i bought a mini mac for my sister. wish i still had his number. i dont remember the price, but im sure he could have done it for $1400 easy.

Theres some guy on ebay willing to meet up to sell it at $1450, im looking to pick it up for $1300 to $1350... anyone know anyone?

6. macpk01 macrumors newbie

The Apple store

:) They have some refurbs in right night for at good prices

7. wirelessimports thread starter macrumors member

What is Night right? Can you link me?

Thanks.

8. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Buy the big Dell 24" that has everyone so excited in the forums, excellant picture quality for everyone bar the most picky of graphic artists, longer gurantee and loads of connections for a lot lot less than the 23" Apple.

Of course you do have to put up with a Dell badge...

9. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

23" ACD's display quality

I am thinking about adding a 23" ACD to my set up. I heard some color issues with 23" ACD screens and I am wondering if Apple had fixed those prevalent problems some customers experienced. My 20" ACD is perfect (no dead nor stuck pixel) and I am going to hook it up to my 12" PB and while I would like to use a 23" for my 15" PB.