Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSaint

macrumors 603
I can remember getting extra credit for using the computer lab to type and print a report for a communications class - I'm so 80's.

I've just returned to school, a mere 8 months after switching to my iBook, and find that taking notes on Word Notebook view works out fine. I create a new tab for each class session. I highlight, bold, bullet, number...it's working great so far. And I've yet to see anyone else using notebooks for note-taking. It's a rather small campus.

shane-o-mac

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2005
NoteTake!

The problem with most note taking software is, well it does just that and really misses out on the full potential of note taking on a computer.

Sure, Omni Outline, Onenote, WordNotebook, and ect all do a great job of setting up blank or lined pages and organizing notes in an outline while referencing them in the archaic form of an index.......but lets face it we should demand more, I mean for Gods Sake we are using an incredible amount of technology to just record text, so why limit to that!

The Solution, Step it up a notch! I highly recomend the best note taking software ever, bar none!!! TakeNote! check out the demo: http://store.yahoo.net/takenote/index.html

This software allows you to record notes in either an outline or index format but does so much more.... You can cross reference all your source material in a database to searches much like Apple's new spotlight technology. Have you spent the last few years in a major collecting volumes of notes, well why not create an ongoing database so you can recall that information in a fraction of seconds. Studying art...maybe you have taking tons of notes on Monet or Cezzane, just enter a key word and BAM! you pull up an abundance of reference material from years of notes on related material.

The best feature is, say you need to also do research for a paper. Save your sources and index your material, import quotes directly into word and the best yet. Format all your sources into a bibliography page in a matter of second in any style you need...APA, MLA, Chicago it is all done for you.

Stop just taking notes, but build a powerful data base of knowledge you can carry over year from year and cross reference from undergrad to grad school.

shane-o-mac

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2005
NoteTake!

The problem with most note taking software is, well it does just that and really misses out on the full potential of note taking on a computer.

Sure, Omni Outline, Onenote, WordNotebook, and ect all do a great job of setting up blank or lined pages and organizing notes in an outline while referencing them in the archaic form of an index.......but lets face it we should demand more, I mean for Gods Sake we are using an incredible amount of technology to just record text, so why limit to that!

The Solution, Step it up a notch! I highly recomend the best note taking software ever, bar none!!! TakeNote! check out the demo: http://store.yahoo.net/takenote/index.html

This software allows you to record notes in either an outline or index format but does so much more.... You can cross reference all your source material in a database that searches much like Apple's new spotlight technology. Have you spent the last few years in a major collecting volumes of notes, well should they be forgotten or filed away in a tabbed index when you can have them stored in an ongoing database so you can recall that information in a fractions of seconds. Studying art...maybe you have taking tons of notes on Monet or Cezzane over the years, just enter a key word and BAM! you pull up an abundance of reference material from years of notes just buy entering a keyword.

The best feature is, say you need to also do research for a paper. Save your sources and index your material, import quotes directly into word files and the best yet. Format all your sources into a bibliography page in a matter of second in any style you need...APA, MLA, Chicago it is all done for you.

Stop just taking notes, build a powerful data base of knowledge you can carry over year from year and cross reference from undergrad to grad school.

Best of all the software even backs up all your info for you...check it out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.