best QR Code Reader for 4S

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by davidra, Nov 6, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

New iphone owner....what's the current best reader? Most of the online reviews are six to 12 months old...

2. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have Red Laser and QRReader. They both seem to work fine when I use them.

3. macrumors regular

One more for Red laser. It does bar codes and QR codes, very handy.

4. macrumors regular

5. macrumors regular

I like Qrafter. Besides being able to read QR codes with the camera, you can read codes that are sent to you via SMS, MMS, and email. You can create a QR from a contact and create a contact from a QR sent to you.

6. macrumors 6502

Another +1 for Redlaser.

Scans barcodes and QR codes with deadly accuracy and speed. There's just no substitute :)

7. macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

8. macrumors newbie

NeoReader

I'm surprised by all the support for RedLaser. While it does read QR codes, I find it annoying to use plus it has a scary privacy policy/terms of service.

I like NeoReader much better. It just works. ;) Open the app, point the camera at the code, and up pops the translation. No fiddling with aligning stuff, no cruft.

9. macrumors 65816

Please expand on the bolded statement.

10. macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

11. macrumors newbie

I like Scan. It has never failed to detect any QR codes I've scanned before. My colleagues tried scanning a QR code over lunch and only mine managed to get to the link

12. macrumors 6502

Besides the scanning portion, do you need anything else? i.e. 60 minutes had a story where people would go to Best Buy and scan the codes and search for a better price. So, what do I need?

13. macrumors 6502a

I imagine what you saw on 60 Minutes was just a price comparison app. The QR scanning part is just a quick and easy way to get the product's model number, or SKU. The Amazon app is one where you can scan a bar code or QR code from within the app, and the item will pop up. I think there are a number of shopping apps that check prices across the web, just like there are all over the internet.

Regards,
    Tom

14. macrumors member

I 'm using Red Laser Application in my iPhone 4S for check QR code.

15. macrumors newbie

Red Laser

Red Laser seems to be the most popular and effective tool. I rarely here people complain about it and it works great fro me. If your looking for one tool that does it all, this would be it.