best recordable media brand

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ste6168, Jan 5, 2007.

1. ste6168 macrumors newbie

alright, so the topic title may not be the best, but what is the best brand for recordable media, like DVD-R, DVD+R, CD-R, etc.? In your experience, which is the best brand?

2. djelite macrumors member

i burn CD's like it's my damn job (actually, it kinda is) and have never had a coaster with well over 500 imation CD's in the past year. i can't find them at best buy anymore but my college bookstore stocks them... that's bout it though

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I've always used Fujifilm and Verbatim. Imation has never given me any troubles either, nor has (surprisingly) Memorex.

4. live4ever macrumors 6502a

5. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Lots of praise for Taiyo Yuden. I've also had good experiences with Maxell and Verbatim. Memorex has made me more coasters than I'd care to count.

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

They used to always do that for me when it came to CD-Rs, however I have had surprisingly good luck with them when it comes to DVD-Rs. Mind you, they're DVD-Rs I use at work, so I by no means would ever go out and actually pay money for Memorex anything. ;)

7. MarcusBB macrumors newbie

I must say anyone using a MacBook Pro. Avoid the Memorex Brand of DVD's.

I bought 100 and 50-60% failed on burning.

8. oneEG6 macrumors member

Verbatim is pretty top notch. Very few coasters, hundreds upon hundreds of discs burned.