Best Remote Desktop app for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TSE, Jun 10, 2011.

1. TSE
    macrumors 68030

TSE

What is the fastest, most reliable Remote Desktop app for the iPad available? Doesn't necessarily have to be free... I do have Parallels 6 for Mac and am enjoying it, so is the Parallels app for iPad the best?

One that would allow me to use my Apple Bluetooth keyboard would be awesome too.

All I want to use it for is Microsoft Word basically.

2. macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

I have iTeleport, Screens, and Splashtop. Screens by far looks the best but iTeleport is the one I find to work best and be the fastest.

3. TSE
    thread starter macrumors 68030

TSE

Also, when I am using the Remote Desktop app, will what I am doing on the iPad show on the iMac? The reason I ask this I don't want my roommate seeing every little thing I am doing on my iPad from my dorm room.

4. macrumors 68030

Pocket cloud. I don't know why it doesn't get any love...the client even auto prmpts the keyboard (but is not necessary). I own winadmin and splash top as well, both are inferior in my opinion.

5. macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I use iTeleport on iPhone, and I've used it on iPad, it works fantastically and allows you to remote in either using local protocols if you're on the network, and to remote in using your Google information.

In any case, yes, with almost all these apps, what you're working on WILL be seen on your iMac. I do believe though that Logmein has a mode that will blackout the machine's screen, but I'm fairly certain that the blackout functionality only comes by using one of Logmein's premium services.

6. macrumors regular

Jump

7. macrumors 6502a

I like iTap the most.

8. macrumors 6502a

For true rdp, itap is great. More on a pricier side, but with good feature set, it's worth it

9. TSE

TSE

Do they all have apple Bluetooth keyboard support and can blackout the host computer's screen?

10. macrumors 6502a

It's not. Free version has it.

11. macrumors 6502a

Rdp by nature blocks out the screen. It locks the computer while you are using it. Keep in mind, true RDP host is a windows only feature, that is available on xp pro, vista and 7 pro and ultimate. Plus most windows servers

12. TSE

TSE

I think I'm going to go with splash top since it seems to be the most popular and has all the features, however, does anyone here know if the aplenty Bluetooth keyboard is supported to write in Microsoft word? Thanks for the help guys!

13. macrumors 6502

anyone know of such an app that wakes the computer up from sleep (no shutdown) state?

14. macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

LogMeIn Ignition is awesome!

15. macrumors 6502

does it "wake" (not if its shutdown) up your computer, or does the computer have to be on all the time?