Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kriswlak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2003
I have been having some issues with my OS 10.2.6. I wasn’t sure what route to go about reinstalling. I have a Power Mac G4 933mhz quicksilver – That originally came with OS 9.2.2 and OS 10.1.3 – And there are two 80 gig hard drives. Right now the OS 9.2.2 and 10.2.6 are on the master hard drive. The slave hard drive is partitioned in two for OS 10.3de and back up files. My main question is would it be better to just go ahead and use the System Restore disks on the master hard drive? Or should I partition the master hard drive adding the OS 9 drivers and installing OS 9.2.2, first then installing OS 10.1.3 (following with OS 10.2 upgrade)? Also, if I choose the second route, should I partition the master hard drive in 3 and have OS 9.2.2 on one, then OS 10.1.3 on the second, and have the third part for installing applications and other junk? Also, if I choose the second route will I still be able to run Classic on top of OS X? :confused:

I would appreciate any help possible. Thanks. :)

scan300

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Don't partition. Install 9.2.2. then install 10.2. Skip 10.1.3 altogether.

Unless I'm mistaken, 10.2 doesn't come as an upgrade. It's stand-alone.

Partitioning was recomended with 10.0, but it isn't a recommendation any more.

Partition if you need to make scratch disks or if you really have a need to make smaller block sizes. Otherwise I find partitions are a pain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.