Best RPG games..

Discussion in 'Games' started by Archmagination, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Archmagination macrumors regular

Name Console Comments

1)Final Fantasy 3- SNES - Most addictive RPG game I have ever played. Everything was perfectly executed. Story, Gameplay, Ending, Depth, etc.. all perfect.

2)Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete- PS1 - The only game that has ever made me cry.. just a incredible story with good traditional RPG elements.

3)Chrono Trigger- SNES - Fun and addictive game.. nice elements

4)Final Fantasy 7- PS1 - Great game.. only reason why it isn't higher is because I can never seem to finish it.. I just can never seem to muster the desire to beat it.. I just get too bored near the end because theres soo much to do, but it all takes a long time to do.

5)Kingdom Hearts- PS2 - Good storyline, very fun and addictive gameplay.. I just love playing this game.

6)Final Fantasy 2- SNES - Good classic rpg.. overall very fun.

7)Legend of the Dragoons- PS1 - Great game.. awsome graphics and a good storyline combined with the unique 'Additions' gameplay kept me involved in the game.

8)Final Fantasy 10- PS2 - Good game.. has its flaws, but is a very fun game.

9)Breath of Fire 2- SNES - Better in every way to the very good Breath of Fire.. I like this game a lot

10)Earthbound- SNES - Quirky game that I just keeps on dragging me back into playing it.. somehow just very addictive.

Honorable Mentions: Final Fantasy 8 and 9. Dark Cloud 1 and 2. ShadowHearts. Star Ocean 3 and Til the End of Time.

The top 5 in this list are VERY close.. rankings went something along the lines of 10,9.99,9.95,9.94,9.9. Zelda:Twilight Princess hasn't been released yet, but everything I read about it seems to suggest that it will knock on the door of being the best RPG on this list.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

1) Golden Sun & Lost Age - GBA
    Just 2 of the best games I've ever played. When I first got GS1 I thought it might be quite big. But I never finished it! And the second game. talk about grand! Still trying to beat the ball wizard in that Turtle cave.

2) Ocarina of Time - N64/GC
    Nothing more needs to be said for this one.

3) Links Awakening - GB
    First RPG I played. I keep meaning to play through it again. Love the story.

4) FF1&2 - GBA
    I'm loving the first one so far. I've spent hours and I've made little progress. but the fact I'm sticking to it shows I love it!

//Looking forward to the 3D FF3 DS, Crystal Chronicles DS and Rev and ASH.

EDIT: Tales of Symphonia get an honourable mention. My girlfriend equates that with her other favourite RPG ever - FF7. And from what I played it's damn, damn good.

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

1. Final Fantasy X
    2. Final Fantasy IX
    3. Tales of Symphonia
    4. Final Fantasy VII
    5. Final Fantasy IV
    6. Legend of Dragoon
    7. Final Fantasy VI

If I'm forgetting anything that should be in between some of those, please forgive me

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Does Zelda count as an RPG, or simply an adventure game?

Mario RPG and Kingdom Hearts are top of my list. Zelda is very similar to Kingdom Hearts in many ways.

5. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

Final Fantasy II (for SNES) definately. I love this game so much.

6. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

1) Tales of Symphonia
    2) Super Mario RPG

I still haven't played any Final Fantasy games, so I can't say anything about those.

I did play Kingdom Hearts.. but... I don't know... wasn't nearly as rememberable as the above 2 for me.. *shrugs*

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

8. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

These are in no order
    FF5-FF10
    FFX-2
    FF11
    Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 (im still not done but loving it)
    Xenogears
    Xenosaga
    Suikoden 3
    Mega Man Legends
    Lunar
    Brave Fencer Musashi

9. rjcheng macrumors newbie

Fallout series for PC. Hands down the best RPG ever. Screw orcs and swords, give me my minigun and plasma rifle.

10. phill1234 macrumors member

phill1234

I liked rpg's before.. but now i just cant get into one... :(

Oh.. and my favorites was
    FF VII
    FF III
    Dark cloud 1 & 2 (it gets really repitive by the end)