Best Scanner for Documents

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Stelliform, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I have a Mac client that wants a scanning solution. They want OCR capability and a good scanner. I think their best option is to put a scanner on the receptionist's eMac and have her use Omnipage Pro to OCR the software.

So now I am looking for a scanner that is reasonably priced with maybe a document feeder. (Doesn't have to do much paper. I imagine that she will have to OCR 20 to 30 pages a day.)

Do you guys have an suggestions for a scanner that would fit the bill? I see HP has a Document Feeder that is $199 that attaches to many of their scanners. I also think the scanner should be firewire.

I have found a few scanners from Epson, HP and Canon that might fit the bill, but I am more interested in finding something that someone would recommend. First hand experience is priceless. Thanks! :):)

2. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I have decided to go with the HP Scanjet 8250. ($799 at CDW)

The only thing I can find in the way of a review is one guy complaining of lack of Panther support in December, yet there is a software update for OS X in February. I will assume that it is a Panther upgrade.... I will just cross my fingers on this one...