Best screen cleaners......

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by BakedBeans, Jul 3, 2004.

1. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

ive just ordered some from the apple store, what do you use on your powerbooks and lcds????

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Nice N' Clean computer wipes from Wal-mart and a fellowes dry cloth to dry afterwards.

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

from memory i think that the PowerBook manuals say to use a soft, synthetic cloth, damp always cleaning with the computer powered down.

so basically just dont' use a abrasive cloth or any abrasive cleaners. using tissues are probably a big no-no, but i have used them a couple of times. :eek:

4. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

I've got a little freebie thing from a conference that's got a 2.5" wide small, soft brush on one edge. It's designed for getting the daily dust specs/etc. off quickly without any mess. Obviously, it's not designed for fingerprints or coffee splashes, but I'm (probably overly) careful with my LCD screens and almost never touch them (and I certainly don't splash stuff on them). Thus, the brush thing is good 99% of the time.

5. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

7. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I bought some, and it sucks, mine should have been labeled iSmear. Bunch of crap it is.

8. BakedBeans thread starter macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

youo got to love mixed opinions.... well i ordered iclean from the apple website and will report back when i use it....i also am overly carefull...so its just for dust and an occasional finger mark (from where ive tried to remove dust with my finger,,, duh)

9. m.r.m. macrumors regular

what does one use for the powerbook keyboard? i figure one could use the cloth and solution one cleans glasses (specs) with, right? i assume the same would also apply for the lcd.

10. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i wouldn't use any glass cleaner on an LCD screen... would probably not be too good for it, but you could check the Apple KnowlegeBase they'd have some info there about it.

as for cleaning the keyboard, if a damp cloth doesn't work i guess you'd be safe using the screen cleaners.

11. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

12. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

There was a thread on here about iKlear a while ago. Apparantly, the results were excellent if the computer is not hot.

May Iadd that the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is awesome for keeping the iBook clean, I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the PB. It easily takes off skin oils and dirt from wrist rest and trackpad areas.