Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
has anyone tried the crystal film yet for the iphone, it comes in a pack with 2 sheets, and costs around $15 i believe, i was wondering if these are any good?

and whats the best way to apply these and not have dirt trapped underneath the film? i find this difficult to do... do you have to do it quick or something? how do you get dust off the sticky part of the film?

ollie3856

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
I believe the accessories section has more info, I got my crystal film set yesterday and it was extremely easy to install and is barely noticeable. It doesnt seem to attract dust the same way some others do, I cleaned the screen, laid it on my desk then applied the film, no air bubbles, no trapped dirt...recommended

madagi

macrumors member
May 6, 2005
Hanover, PA
I'd recommend bestskinsever.com. That's what I got for my iPhone. It's only $8 and comes with a full body cover. I've used them in the past for BlackBerries, iPods, Treos etc. and have always been happy with them. I actually got mine when they were running a promo so it was only $5. Can't really pass that up. And you use a soapy water solution to put it on so it does not trap dirt or fingerprints under the protector.

Blazer5913

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2004
This one is getting good reviews, havent tried any personally. I might..:apple:

Never even heard of this one before, but since I looked at the site, I think I may really be getting one of these. Seems like a great value for people who want to keep the sleekness/slimness of the iPhone while also protecting it (even full body!)

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
Has anyone had any problems with either the BSE or the shieldzone attracting lint? I had a BSE on my treo and wound up peeling it off due to the extreme accumulation of pocket lint. But I wonder if that was a combination of poor application+weird treo shape.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I'd recommend bestskinsever.com. That's what I got for my iPhone. It's only $8 and comes with a full body cover. I've used them in the past for BlackBerries, iPods, Treos etc. and have always been happy with them. I actually got mine when they were running a promo so it was only $5. Can't really pass that up. And you use a soapy water solution to put it on so it does not trap dirt or fingerprints under the protector.

Just bought it so we will see how it works out.

ollie3856

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
would love to see pics/reports of the 'full body' part of that, i have a screen protector only, would be very interested in a thin body protector

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I have the Crystal Film Set, bought it before my iPhone b/c I knew Apple Stores would sell out of the films. Have a silicone jacket for my 2G 8GB Nano that came with one for it's screen, so I knew how good they were. Easy to put on and take off if need be, no water or air bubbles. Static clings, doesn't move. Clarity and responsiveness like it isn't even there. Can even clean it no problem with the Apple cloth or by spraying a tiny bit of iKlear on a cleaning cloth and then rubbing it. Gets smudgy, about as much as the phone would. Mine went on my phone before I even turned it on or ever touched the screen.

FYI, supposedly it shouldn't be used with silicone case that wrap the ear area and home button. I wouldn't know, use a Griffin Elan Snap-in.

timmypv15

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
i just applied my front invisible shield and it looks AMAZING

as long as you take the time to apply it, and let it sit for a while, an dhave it off while you apply, it tunrs out awesome

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
i just applied my front invisible shield and it looks AMAZING

as long as you take the time to apply it, and let it sit for a while, an dhave it off while you apply, it tunrs out awesome

How is the home button cut out and how does it do with smudging.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i also use the crystal film for my iphone. it's great. i love it, because the touch sensitivity isn't decreased at all with the film, and i have trouble telling it's even there. concerning dust and lint between the film and the iphone, i recommend doing it in the bathroom after taking a shower, when all the dust has settled.

timmypv15

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
How is the home button cut out and how does it do with smudging.

it is a one piece shield with holes for the earpiece and the home button, and smudging isn't as noticable as it was with the plastic film that originally came on the phone.

you do apply it with moisture tho, so if you are uneasy about water touching your phone, u might want to invest in another screen protector, but i doubt you'll find another one as nice as the invisible shield

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey

I just ordered one. Thanks! :) It came to $9.99 shipped which is cheap when compared to others I have seen.

rml4uk

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
Ghost-Armor vs. Invisible Shield and Bodyguardz

I use ghost armor for all my devices. Check um out Ghost Armor They are local to me in AZ but also sell online.

I'm looking into this kind of case for when I get my iPhone 3G. I've looked at Bodyguardz, Invisible Shield, etc. All of the ones i have seen so far have the orange peel texture when you look at them at an angle (which=suck). On the ghost-armor website, it says their's doesn't have that texture. As someone who actually uses Ghost-Armor, can you vouch for that? Any chance you can post some pictures of your device so I can see an actual picture of it? Also, the Invisible Shield website really shows you how tough their stuff is. Does the ghost-armor feel like it's really good quality?

coryetzkorn

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
The PowerSupport crystal protector is amazing. Almost enhances the iPhone screen. Highly recommend.

Anyone know if there will be a 3G version or will the 2G protector still fit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.