Best site for benchmarks...?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Unspeaked, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Dec 29, 2003
    West Coast
    So what site has the most detailed benchmarks for the most comprehensive set of Macs?

Ideally, it would have the option of choosing any two or more systems and making a direct comparison of them - in fact, that would be EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

I've Googled myself into a stupor trying to find a site like this - hopefully someone knows of one off the top of their heads!

2. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

Jul 6, 2004
    Nagoya, Japan
    #2 does a lot of Mac benchmark testing — not just processing performance, but other things too. also does a lot of testing when new models come out.

I don't think anyone has done total, comprehensive tests of all models at once and built the kind of comparison application you're hoping for, though. However, both sites above tend to test standardized things, and you should be able to compare various tests side by side.
  3. volvoben macrumors 6502

Feb 7, 2007
    nowhere fast
    I'm sure I'll be beat out in answering this, but the best sites are probably and

barefeats is my personal favorite, but truthfully I don't think the ideal "compare every mac on a level playing field" site exists really, especially if you're looking at any older macs. The best i've found is barefeats' because they usually compare models that consumers are likely to be comparing.

Edit: yup, beat out.
  4. neyoung macrumors member

Jan 15, 2007
    As others have posted I like Its the best benchmarking site I've found. It really helped when I was looking to buy my MacBook Pro. They have some nice MBP comparisons if thats what you're looking for.