Best skin for iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by calhobbes, Jan 21, 2004.

1. calhobbes macrumors member

I'm interested in buying a skin for my 15 GB iPod. I will have the skin on when the iPod is in my jacket, in my pocket at the gym, etc so I'm not concerned with a clip. Basically, I'm using it to protect the iPod from minor scratches, and want it to be thin as possible. I also have the remote and dock, and would love to be able to put the iPod in the dock without removing the skin, but this is not a deal breaker. My most important criteria is the size of the skin.

I've been looking at the iSkin exo2 and the Speck iPod skin. I'm not sure what the size difference is between the two. Any suggestions out there?

2. gemio17 macrumors regular

just got the exo from lajo- the one with holes for the wheel and buttons- it rocks, but you definitely cannot have sausage fingers if you want to get in there and switch the hold button. It fits my 10gb great and I can still fit it into my Booq podpaq (with the skin on) for extra protection in my bag. You'll have to take off the bottom of the skin to put it into the dock. it is a great little case, nice and purdy too! - one sugg. get pda screen protectors for the actual iPod screen so that isn't left unprotected! I got la rouge-red-and I couldn't be happier!!

3. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Skin

I got the iSkin Exo about 3 months ago for my 3G 10GB Pod. It is perfect. The clip is removable which I like the best. It is easy to put on and I found that the greatest thing is that the Pod is no longer slippery... the skin makes it easy to hold on to. And no more finger prints! I got mine on eBay.

Check out www.iskin.biz