Best sleeve for the iPad 2 with a smartcover + back protector on?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by macbookpro45, Oct 11, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 68030

3. macrumors 6502

Thanks for the input. My only issue with the waterfield is the lack of a zipper. I'm a nut for that type of stuff so I suppose I should have specified I'm looking for something that can 'seal' the iPad in (i.e. a zipper would suffice).

4. macrumors 6502

anyone else?

5. macrumors 603

Menel

6. macrumors regular

I had an iPad with apple smart cover, Enki back cover, and in a WaterField Smart Case. Same issue--no mechanism to latch the iPad safely inside, whether zipper, strap, etc. Clumsy me--I was walking from my office to my car when I dropped the iPad (had it in my hand). It landed the worst possible way--on a corner edge--and pushed the metal of the back in enough to crack the glass, which then shattered on about a third of the screen. I don't know if the iPad slid out slightly when falling or whether I didn't have it all the way in the Smart Case to begin with.

Now in the office and when traveling, I use a Maroo case (padded an with bumpers on the corners) and Targus netbook bag. In other situations I still use the Apple smart cover and Enki back case in a WaterField iPad Wallet, which does have a zipper.