Best software for importing miniDV tapes.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JRoDDz, Dec 14, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I have a collection of miniDV tapes which I want to import onto my iMac. What is the best software to use for this for best quality. I heard that iMovie 11 doesn't import DV at best quality and that it interlaces it? If so, what can I use. I don't want to lose video quality as DV isn't that sharp to begin with.

2. macrumors 65816

monokakata

The last time I did mini-DV stuff, I used FCP 6, which handled it just fine.

It's said that FCP X can control FW decks or camcorders. I haven't tried it.

3. macrumors 6502a

As long as you got a camcorder which will recognise iMovie or FCP or FCP-X. You should be o.k.
    It does help what set up you have as there are a lot of threads on here were one has to guess. Which is time wasting regards information needed.:apple:

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I've got a late 2009 iMac with firewire, and a Canon miniDV ZR200 camcorder. I've got it connected to the iMac already, but my imports via iMovie 11 are looking a little fuzzy, as is not too clear or sharp.. I dunno I guess I'll try the trial version of Final Cut to see if there is a difference.