Best stylus for writing on ipad 1?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Theraker007, Apr 16, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2009
    Hey guys, I'm just looking for a stylus so I can jot down dictations on my ipad instead of having to fumble with sheets of paper without clipboards (reason why is not important haha).

Anyone have a stylus recommendation that is thin enough to make handwriting legible on the ipad's drawing/writing apps?
  2. macrumors 6502

May 29, 2009
    Boston, MA
    There are many types of styluses and everyone has their own preference to which one they like best, so you may want to buy a few and see which one you like best. I think the Targus is good for handwriting, but if you want really precise accuracy, you should buy the Dagi stylus. Though, I think the targus is better for writing. And you should know it takes practice; drawing on the iPad is very different than drawing on paper. Also, some Styluses can be expensive. You may want to check eBay. eBay has some really cheap no-name styluses. You can get some for less than a dollar, and beware of resistive Styluses (make sure they say they work with the iPad).
    Hope this helps :)
  3. macrumors member

Jul 8, 2007
    I have a targus and it's quite quick and smooth to write on. not 100% accurate but definitely works especially if you use zoom up writing.

Haven't heard a lot of good things about dagi, even though it has a dot in the clear head so you can see where you are making the mark, it's not very sensitive. but then i never tried it.

but +1 to targus.

other people seems to like boxwave or griffin which i think are same as targue with different branding?