Best thing about iTunes 11?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by mazz0, Nov 30, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

mazz0

For me the best bit is actually the new Remote for iPad. Love it! With the addition of Up Next it makes party music selection awesometastic!

2. macrumors 68000

paulsalter

What does Up Next do that is new?

I have been looking at it and it just seems a limited version of iTunes DJ

3. macrumors regular

The store is blazingly fast, (or at least if you're used to the old one), and brings along some nice features, for example the music preview still plays when you browse a different section of the store.

I also love the new design things, with the whole album view thing and the mini player's nice minimalistic redesign, with which it doesn't really losing any functionally, and instead gains it.

4. macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's much more appealing visually, to me. I used to use list view in the old iTunes but now I have it on the album view. I have always diligently made sure I have all my artwork so it really looks great. Also really digging the expanded album view.

The blazing speed of the thing is pretty sweet, too. :cool:

5. macrumors regular

other way around, iTunes DJ was the limited feature, up next is actually useful

6. macrumors 68000

paulsalter

In what way?

I am confused

Up Next seems to just be a Play Next or Add to Queue, both of which where available with iTunes DJ

What am I missing with this Play Next/Up Next queue feature

7. macrumors 6502

The best feature for me is color being back in the sidebar! Let's hope that this is a precursor to color coming back to the Finder!

8. macrumors 65816

Destroysall

The new Mini Player is actually very nice and usable.

Destroysall.