best time to buy a macbook is.....?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by trev, Nov 11, 2006.

1. trev macrumors 6502

Hello all,

How is everybody doing today? Good I hope! I'm planning to buy a black macbook (yes, I know I'm paying an extra $150 for the black paint) for Christmas and I'm wondering when would be the best time to buy. I live in Newfoundland and it usually takes longer for things to ship here than it does for the rest of the country, so I'd like to get it here by Christmas.... where do these things come from? Anyway, I was wondering if I order it in the not so distant future would I be missing out on possible deals, discounts, etc. Do they still have that "buy a mac and get a free nano" deal on the go? Thanks for your input! Take care!

Trevor

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

It probably won't take that long for you to recieve your Mac. I can't see it taking any longer than a week unless you make it built-to-order and have some obscure configuration.

The free nano deal ended a while ago, unfortunately, and was only for students. Any sales that would have started for the holidays should have come by now. Here's a link to Apple's holiday page.
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...DI3AoQ3Wh1C0dTAz9/0.0.23.1.0.8.13.0.2.0.0.0.0

3. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

The iPod deal is over. Doubt they will have any more deals heading into the Christmas holidays.

They ship from China.

I would buy the latest you can and still expect to safely get it by Christmas. If there are any problems with the newest MB, waiting a bit longer will give you better chance of getting that has the problem fixed. Monitor these forums, if there are problems yo will see them.

4. trev thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, I am a student so I would have gotten that deal... hmmm. Ok, thanks!

5. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

7. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

Get it now.

The Macbook is the more popular of the portable lines from Apple. There were still hangover delays in September from the back to school rush. Christmas (I'm sorry that's the un-PC Republican in me talking. "Holliday") season will probably see something similar, although not as severe.

If you need it and have the funds, get it sooner than later.