Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olletsocmit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
USA
I have been using my olloclip lens a lot lately taking nature pictures (esp using the macro feature). Its super hard to hold it steady that close to get good shots so I am in the market for a good tripod for my iPhone. I currently have a Glif+ tripod mount (see picture below). The ones they sell at Best Buy are all so small, like 6 inches tall... It will be used a lot outdoors, so I was thinking something like this would be best: http://joby.com/store/gorillapod/hybrid

Does anyone have any suggestions?

glifplus_10.jpg

App King

macrumors member
May 1, 2012
That is a good tripod. I found a cheaper model for $12 on amazon compared to the $30 one you showed. Joby GP1-A1EN Gorillapod Flexible Tripod is the one I seen, not sure what's the difference.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Define "best" clearly. Don't assume that your notion is universal. What size limitations? How do you intend to use it? What features are most important to you? What budget? What are you photographing? I mean, a 6" tall tripod probably won't help much if you're shooting stuff that requires a taller tripod. "Nature photography" really doesn't help much in that regard.

The Joby's a good option if you're looking for a relatively inexpensive but versatile and compact tripod. If you want the ultimate in stability, a larger tripod or have needs that the Joby doesn't meet then you may want to look at something else. It all depends on what your priorities are.

cbpelikan

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
cb
I use the Gorillapod with magnets for feet (surprisingly handy) with a "super mount F"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005LY553M

I like being able to use it w/out having to remove my case. The tripod's quick release clips are great too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.