All iPads Best UK Black Friday Deals?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by joewillmott, Nov 23, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I am on the hunt for an iPad. I will mainly use it as a second monitor on the go, but also for testing my apps. Obviously I have been through the 4 vs mini debate plenty and have decided for the real estate I want the 4.

The Apple online store has them at just £368 which is the cheapest I have found, followed by Amazon at £388. Has anyone found one cheaper? I am struggling to actually buy it at this price knowing I could use a nice Android tablet as a monitor for half the price... but I have had many terrible Android devices in the past.

So yeah... best prices people have found?

2. macrumors 68030

CD3660

3. macrumors regular

Another option, you could try to pick up an ipad 3, since you want to use it as a 2nd monitor. For £368, you should easily get a 64GB WIFI or 32GB 3G version on eBay, and 16GB WIFI cost a lot less than £368.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

I don't understand if you're trying to be funny or helpful or just trying to get a higher post count, but that was a pointless reply.

Yeah I am considering that, but then I am also thinking about the future and also the apps that make an iPad a second monitor tend to have a bit of lag apparently so maybe more power would reduce this?

...started to reconsider the Nexus 10 but cannot find any decent deals on it. Black Friday isn't really a thing in the UK which sucks as iPads are already a fair bit cheaper in the US at regular price.

5. macrumors 6502